NetSuite – Tangerine Integration For Fleet Management
This blog will delve into how the 79Consulting team achieved a successful integration between fleet management software, Tangerine, and NetSuite. Tangerine is a vertically integrated platform that gives complete visibility and increases the efficiency, safety, and productivity of the fleets through actionable intelligence. This software creates efficient and optimized routes with precise travel times by considering factors like distance, time, or traffic.
79consulting was approached by a client that offers product deliveries with multiple time slots on any given day. The client wanted to integrate NetSuite with route optimization software, Tangerine. This integration requires order data to be sent to Tangerine, truck and sequence numbers assigned, and the data then returned to NetSuite. These truck and sequence numbers can then be referenced to orders in NetSuite.
The design is a 3-part solution
- Access the API provided by Tangerine to send data
- NetSuite Endpoint API to receive the data and store it in a custom record in NetSuite
- Process the data and assign it to respective orders
- Forming the JSON structure as per the requirement
- Resolving connection issues with Tangerine and NetSuite
- Managing the frequency between the outgoing and incoming order data
- To begin with, the 79Consulting team tested connectivity through Postman using sample JSON data. This process once tested, was replicated in NetSuite using Map Reduce and Restlet SuiteScripts.
- The Map Reduce script is scheduled to run at a certain frequency on a daily basis to pick up the orders. The order data with an exchange ID as the reference will be sent by triggering the endpoint and tokens provided by the Tangerine team.
- Next, data is processed in Tangerine to assign truck numbers to order lines. The processed data is returned in the form of JSON to NetSuite using tokens generated by 79Consulting by triggering an endpoint Restlet.
- Following this, a scheduled Map Reduce script will trigger in NetSuite, assigning truck numbers to NetSuite orders.
The endpoints and tokens involved in this process are:
To Tangerine (Sending Data)
- Endpoint URL
- API Key
From Tangerine (Receiving Data)
- Restlet EndPoint URL
- Authorization: OAuth 1.0
- Consumer Key
- Consumer Secret
- Token Key
- Token Secret
Need more information on custom integrations? Schedule a call with the 79Consulting team today!